Saturday 28 August 2010

Gift of life (for my laptop)

This was supposed to be an early birthday gift. Arnim ordered it a month ago, and I could have received it maybe 3 weeks ago (while he was still in Tampere), but DHL decided to take the package for a spin in France. Probably near Bordeaux, coz that's where 33720 zip code is in France. You'd think that a company specializing in international transport and freight wouldn't have problems distinguishing between Finland and France!

Package from germany took a little detour to france before arriving in finland

Well, better late than never, and luckily not too late. Just two days ago I was on Amazon.com adding a few items to the shopping cart. This item was among them. I almost went through the ordering & payment process, but decided "maybe tomorrow". And then I receive this yesterday. Sometimes procrastination pays off :)

The old and the new. Looks similar, but big difference inside.

My 2.5 year old X61s feels new again! Haven't benchmarked the battery yet, but at the very least I'm not tied to the power cord any longer. Yeap, my old battery held zero charge. For the longest time, I was undecided between selling it and buying a new battery for it. Thanks to Arnim for making up my mind ;)

"Not plugged in". Haven't been able to do that for more than a year. Freedom!

----

Update 2/9/2010:

So I get around 4 hours of battery life with wifi/bluetooth on, regular surfing and chatting, a bit of video playback etc. I'm pretty contented. Hope it lasts for a while, I think I could keep the X61s for another year or so.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi (saving the link here for reference)

No comments:

Post a Comment