Wednesday 17 November 2010

Plane crash

I was jolted awake a few minutes ago with my heart pounding hard and fast. An extremely realistic dream. My sister and I were driving along a highway... initially I thought we were in Dallas but it was more likely to be in Singapore due to the side of the road we were driving on and the airlines involved. There weren't many cars on the road (hmm, in Singapore??) and there was an open field along the highway (again, in Singapore??) to our right. Anyway somehow I sensed that something big was going to happen and I asked my sis to pull over at the side of the road. We stepped out of the car and a few seconds later, right in front of our eyes, two Boeing 747s nose-dived and headed straight for each other and onto that open field not 2 km away from us. One was a China Airlines jet and the other Qantas. I remember thinking to myself "Thank goodness I'm not on that flight, I'm flying out only tomorrow." and immediately regretting the selfish thought. Everything was happening in very slow motion, but felt very real. Upon impact the explosion was deafening and fiery. I shouted to my sister to get in the car, and both of us got in, slammed the doors shut just in time as smoke and flames washed over our car like a tsunami wave. Miraculously we (and the car) were ok, and we couldn't help but fixate our gazes on the balls of fire so close to us. Yet so far... we could only watch helplessly as people, in flames, jumped out of the plane into even bigger fires below. We started the car, thinking perhaps we should try to get some help or do something, somehow... and barely drove a few hundred meters when (I suppose) a main fuel tank exploded. That eruptive force slammed into our car and... well I don't know if we survived because that's when I woke up.

And for something lighter (or maybe heavier, depending on how you look at it), would Ryanair's 10kg carry-on restriction include or exclude this: the carry-on coat? Should I get one? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment