Tuesday 16 November 2010

One Thousand and One Nights

Couple of TASO concerts coming up! Our main events for this season. Here's the poster and more detailed info:

TASO concert! Wed 1.12 at the University of Tampere. I'll be performing!! Hope to see you there :)

Jämsä concert:
- Seppolan koulu (Seppola school hall)
- su 28.11 klo 15 (Sun 28.11, 3pm)

Tampere concert:
- Tampereen yliopiston juhlasalissa (University of Tampere Hall)
- ke 1.12 klo 19 (Wed 1.12, 7pm)

Works we're performing at both:
- Mendelssohn: The Hebrides Overture, Op. 26
- Strauss: Horn concerto No. 1 in E-flat major, Op. 11
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade, Op. 35

Tickets are 15/5 € at the door!

Here's my "performance record" since joining the orchestra in early May this year:

May 21 -- my first time performing with TASO. No "audience" as we were up in the balcony of Tampere's City Hall, playing background dance music for University of Tampere's (Doctorate?) graduation ball.

Sept 2 -- first time with an audience, although not a public concert. It was for University of Tampere's 50th anniversary celebrations. We played some excerpts of Sibelius' works plus Maamme (Our Country).

Nov 13 -- yet another private event, but my first "concert trip" ever (i.e. more than an hour away, and traffic-jams in Singapore doesn't count). We premiered a symphony at KNL's assembly for their chairman.

Nov 28 -- this will be my first public performance with TASO! People will buy concert tickets to hear us play. Also another road-trip, but a shorter one compared to Kouvola.

Dec 1 -- if some of my friends are willing to attend, this is going to be my first time playing in front of people I actually know! At least in Finland... although it's been so long since I've done this, I hope I won't get too nervous and make stupid mistakes. It's really easier to perform in front of people you don't know. Then again it isn't as rewarding :)

So please come and support us and enjoy a lovely evening of beautiful music! You haven't lived if you haven't heard Scheherazade at least once live! It's just a magical piece... I get stirred with emotions by it almost every rehearsal! Hopefully I can keep it together during the concert and save the tears-bursting for later :D

----

Update 27/11/2010:

Created a FB event page here, please RSVP, would be nice to know who's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment