Sunday 18 July 2010

Tammerfest weekend with Shrek and Friends

Actually "Tammerfest" is a misleading title since I didn't go for any of the gigs. Still, it was nice to soak in the summer festival atmosphere (and the heat) in this city which I now call home.

Went to watch Shrek Forever After in 3D with Jarkko and Akira. A fun, feel-good movie with adequate 3D effects. I'd probably have preferred to watch it in 2D but the 2D version is only available dubbed (in Finnish).

After the movie we met up with Minna and Mika; and a short while later - with prompting from an "OMG" Facebook comment - Hanna. From gelato italiano to greasy festival food to drinks by the rapids to pyytipannu & escargot, we managed to stay cool as we shared laughs and caught up with each other.

A poignant moment in the evening was when Minna turned to me and asked: "How's your summer so far?" and I replied "Hot!". Well, ok, that wasn't the poignant part, it was when after a brief pause, I continued "... and much happier than last summer." Come to think of it, if the only thing I complain about nowadays is the heat, my life must be pretty good. Of course there's always room for improvement and making things better (my health for one), but I've learnt to truly appreciate and enjoy what I have right now.

Besides, I don't want to be like Shrek, only realizing how great his life was after he lost everything. Oops, hope that wasn't too much of a spoiler.

Have a wonderful summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment