Thursday 11 November 2010

Shopping for percussionist's accessories

Thomann cyberstore is dangerous!! Just a few clicks and see what I ended up with 10 days later:

Early Christmas for Carol

Big box but luckily not too heavy. Had to pick it up from the post office and lug it back home myself. And now let's take a peek at what's inside:


On the left we have 2x timpani damper pads, a cute drumsticks key-fob, and a Meinl drumsticks holder; all on the Meinl percussion tray. On the right is an electronic snare practice pad (Millenium SPP-3). In total about 150€ including shipping. Before this another 100€ or so for 2 new pairs of mallets (since joining TASO) and a music stand. All these and I haven't bought any instruments yet!

In addition, since the black top and pants I've been wearing for performances are pretty old, I thought I'd treat myself to a new outfit (or a new top at least). Went shopping a couple of times this week and here's my loot:


Hehe :P I really tried to focus on just looking for a black top! But the purple items are so distracting. In my defense the sweater + dress combined is still slightly cheaper than the blouse (which is 35€ - saved 5€ with a coupon). However I'm not too sure about the ruffled sleeves... not my style. Might return it after all. But I'm keeping the purples!

Need to find cheaper interests/hobbies... between my lust for cameras & other gadgetry, my craving for exploring all corners of the earth, my desire to learn to fly a plane etc. => I'll never have any savings! Might as well die early so I don't have to worry about retirement. Oh I'm not even done with music yet, I still want a grand piano and a (maybe electronic) drum set.

I'm thinking of taking skydiving lessons next year. They're not cheap but still cheaper than the pilot route. If I don't get to fly a plane, at least I still get to fly. Gotta let my dream take flight!

----

Update 20/11/2010:

Black top returned to Vila store. The search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment